David S. Joseph
- 40+ yrs of experience commercializing medtech/pharma
- Co-founder of 4 companies with successful exits (IPO, M&A)
- Multiple past and present board positions
- Chairman and CEO of Othera Pharmaceuticals (2003‐2010), a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on treatments for ophthalmic diseases
- Co‐founder, President, CEO and Chairman of Orthovita (1999‐2008), an orthobiologics company (IPO in 2006; acquired by Stryker (NYSE:SYK) in 2012 for US$350 million)
- Co‐founder, President, CEO and Chairman of Surgical Laser Technologies (IPO in 1989; acquired by Photo Medix in 1992)
- Co‐founder, President, CEO and Chairman of SITE Microsurgical Systems (acquired by Johnson & Johnson Corporation (NYSE:JNJ) in 1983)
- Prior to entrepreneurial career, over 15 years of executive healthcare management experience
- Past and present board appointments include two successful acquisitions: Animas Corporation, a diabetes insulin pump technology acquired by Johnson & Johnson for approximately US$515 million in 2006; Morphotek, a privately held biotechnology company acquired by Eisai Pharmaceuticals for approximately US$325 million in 2007; and Allevi, a 3D Bioprinting company
- MBA in Healthcare Administration degree from Xavier University
- BA in Business Administration from Kings College
Mr. Birk is currently Managing Partner at Sun Mountain Capital and has over 20 years of experience as an operating executive and investor. Mr. Birk co‐founded Sun Mountain Capital in 2006, a private equity firm focused on the Southwest and Rocky Mountain regions in the U.S. MBA in Finance from the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago.
Rajeev (Raj) Dewan
Mr. Dewan is a Partner at McMillan LLP. Raj is a leading business lawyer with a thriving capital markets and securities practice. He regularly acts on behalf of high-growth companies in the eSports, health-care / life sciences and mining technology sectors.